Radio and television personality Unathi Nkayi has caused significant damage to her career by refusing to apologize to her former colleague, Sizwe Dhlomo, following allegations of misconduct. Nkayi accused Dhlomo of directing vulgar language towards her during a studio session at a popular Gauteng-based radio station last year.
However, internal investigations carried out by the station have since cleared Dhlomo of any wrongdoing. In spite of being advised by the station’s human resource head, Bhekiwe Khumalo, to extend an olive branch to Dhlomo, Nkayi has chosen not to do so, further exacerbating the situation.
Unathi Nkayi, known as a prominent figure in the radio and television industry, made headlines when she made allegations against her former colleague, Sizwe Dhlomo, involving a heated incident that allegedly took place in the studio.
Regrettably, Nkayi has chosen to disregard the advice given by Khumalo and has thus far refused to offer an apology to her former colleague. This decision has not only strained the relationship between the two individuals but has also had severe repercussions on Nkayi’s professional reputation. By failing to extend an olive branch and acknowledge the findings of the internal investigation, Nkayi’s refusal to apologize can be viewed as a career hara-kiri, further damaging her standing within the industry.
JOBS| DRIVER VACANCIES (X5 POSTS) AT THE GAUTENG DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH | APPLY WITH GRADE 10 OR ABET
The Gauteng Department of Health is seeking suitably qualified applicants for Driver Vacancies (X5 Posts). The closing date for applications is the 14th July 2023.
Subtitle: Position Details
- Reference Number: REFS/018663
- Package: R 147 077,00 per annum (Plus Benefits)
- Directorate: Logistics (Transport)
- Employer: Department of Health
- Location: CHRIS HANI BARAGWANATH ACADEMIC HOSPITAL (CHBAH)
- Abet Level 4 or Grade 10
- Code 14/EC driver’s license with valid PDP driver’s permit
- 2 years’ experience in heavy-duty vehicles
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills, competencies, and knowledge:
- Basic knowledge of the legislative framework and processes related to handling of vehicles in government
- Ability to handle conflict
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Ability to communicate well with people at different levels
- Ability to organize and plan
- Sound verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to act with tact and discretion
- Ability to handle tasks of a multidisciplinary nature
- Good customer skills and competencies
- Knowledge of Labour Relations processes
- Willingness to work shifts, including fixed, after hours, night duty, weekends, and public holidays
- Knowledge of the Batho Pele Principles
- Willingness to undergo drivers testing and medical surveillance as an inherent job requirement
The selected candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
- Execute all authorized transportation trips of patients, staff, records, and linen to relevant destinations
- Check the level and condition of fuel, water, oil, and tires before driving a vehicle
- Complete the vehicle inspection form after checking the vehicle for any problems (e.g., dents and scratches) and report any damages
- Report and complete the accident report immediately if involved in a motor vehicle accident
- Report minor and major defects on the vehicle to supervisor
- Responsible for the safekeeping of vehicle keys while vehicles are in use
- Responsible for spare wheel, jack, and all other tools in the vehicle
- Ensure the vehicle is clean and in good condition before returning the keys at the end of the shift
- Report low fuel levels to the Despatcher at the end of the shift
- Comply with the Occupational Health and Safety Act prescripts and procedures at all times
- Complete the vehicle lock book as prescribed by legislation
- Attend to inquiries in a professional manner and provide guidance and advice
- Promote the safekeeping of vehicles from damages
- Comply with the rotation roster
- Adhere to all legal instructions given in writing or verbally by a senior staff member
- Adhere to timelines
- Attend meetings and training as approved by the supervisor
- Comply with the Performance Management and Development System (PMDS)
- Transport patients to various hospitals and/or facilitate internal hospital trips
Subtitle: Application Process
Applications must be submitted using the New Z83 application form obtainable here: [Link to the form]
All fields in the New Z83 form must be completed and signed. Additionally, a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) must be attached. Failure to attach the completed Z83 and CV will result in disqualification.
Applications should be submitted strictly online at the following E-Recruitment portal: [Link to the portal]. No hand-delivered, faxed, or emailed applications will be accepted.
Download the New Z83 Application Form Here: [Link to the form]
For any enquiries, please contact Ms J. van Rensburg at (011) 933-8425.
Subtitle: Closing Date
The closing date for applications is 14 JULY 2023.