Somizi Mhlongo, a well-known entertainer in South Africa, has kept a secret about his younger sister over the years. His sister, Joyce Twala, lived a private life, and her existence only became known after her passing. Joyce Twala passed away in October 2021, and Somizi shared the news on Instagram a week after her funeral. He described her as a private person and honored her wish for a peaceful and dignified send-off. Joyce Twala is survived by her daughter, Phumzile, and reportedly three great-grandchildren.
Somizi Mhlongo comes from a talented and creative family. His father, Ndaba Mhlongo, was a renowned actor, choreographer, and comedian, while his mother, Mary Twala, was an award-winning veteran actress. Unfortunately, Somizi also experienced the loss of his older brother, Archie, who was fatally stabbed in 1985.
In addition to his sister, Somizi has a daughter named Bahumi Madisakwane Mhlongo, born to him and his ex-girlfriend, Palesa Madisakwane. Bahumi is a talented actress who holds a degree in film production and directing. She has appeared in various films, including ET Africa’s “Dream: The Lebo Mathosa Story.”
Absa Group Job Opportunity: Banking Services Junior Learnership Programme 2023 | APPLY BELOW
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Absa Group is currently recruiting and inviting suitably qualified candidates to apply for the Banking Services Junior Learnership Programme 2023. With over 100 years of rich history and a strong position as a local bank with regional and international expertise, joining the Absa family offers the opportunity to be part of an exciting growth journey and shape the future as a proudly African group.
The purpose of this program is to equip learners with the necessary knowledge and skills to operate effectively within the banking environment. Participants will complete the Higher Certificate in Banking Services at NQF Level 5. This qualification will contribute to their development in the banking sector and provide workplace experience in Vehicle and Asset Finance products.
The key focus will be on fulfilling a customer-facing role in sales support, business development, dealer risk, and operations management. Applicants should not be registered with any learning institution or employed.
- Workplace experiences: Attend and participate in all workplace experiences against agreed development objectives.
- Learning: Attend and participate in all training and development interventions against agreed development objectives.
- Ad Hoc duties: Provide support to customers and the team as required to ensure ongoing team performance.
- Administration: Effectively fulfill all required administrative duties, including tracking and reporting.
- National Senior Certificate.
- A completed degree (NQF 7) and/or post-matric qualification at NQF level 6.
- Proficiency in English.
- Computer Literacy is a must.
- Applicants must not be employed and be willing to commit to a 12-month development journey.
- The program is open to candidates between the ages of 18 to 30 years.
Placement & Stipend:
- Successful candidates will be placed at the Auckland Park Office.
- Successful candidates will receive a monthly stipend for the duration of the learnership programme.
Recruitment Process and Risk Check Requirements:
- Applicants must attach a detailed CV containing all relevant contacts and references.
- Applicants should include copies of their certificates, identity card, and proof of address.
- Complete online occupational assessments.
- No criminal record.
- No false documentation.
- References with previous employers (where applicable).
- Clear credit score.
- Not registered employee dismissal.
- Applicants must not be registered with any other learnership at the time of application.
- Applicants should not be registered with any learning institution or employed.
- Adapting and responding to change.
- Following instructions and procedures.
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations.
- Coping with pressure and setbacks.
- Planning and organizing.
- Preference will be given to South African citizens and permanent residents of South Africa with proof of Permanent Resident Status.
- Candidates with disabilities are invited to apply.
- The appointment will be made in line with the Divisional Employment Equity Strategy.
- There is no referral plan linked to this requisition.
Absa Bank Limited is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. In compliance with the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998, preference will be given to suitable candidates from designated groups. Their appointments will contribute towards achieving equitable demographic representation of the workforce profile and add to the diversity of the Bank.
Absa Bank Limited reserves the right not to make an appointment to the advertised post.