Ayabonga Meyiwa, the daughter of the late Senzo Meyiwa, took a poignant moment to honor her father on a special occasion. She shared a heartfelt tribute on her official Instagram account, posting a picture of her father during his playing days as the captain of the South African national team. In addition to the photo, she composed a touching letter addressed to her late father, expressing her deep emotions and missing him dearly.
Ayabonga’s admirers and followers flooded the comment section with congratulations and condolences as they recognized that her late father’s birthday was being celebrated in paradise, marking eight years since his burial. The bond between Ayabonga and her father was evident through the striking resemblance they shared, and her Instagram account is filled with cherished memories of their time together.
JOBS| Limpopo Department of Agriculture is recruiting Animal Health Technician [x33 open vacancies]
The Limpopo Department of Agriculture and Rural Development has opened applications for the position of Animal Health Technician. There are 33 vacant positions available, and successful candidates will be offered a fixed-term contract for six months. The closing date for applications is 31st July 2023.
- Post Ref: LDARDFMD/02/2023
- Salary Level: 08 (R359,517 per annum)
- Centre: Vhembe and Mopani Districts
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- A National Diploma in Animal Health or BSc. in Animal Health at NOF level 6, as recognized by SAQA.
- Paid-up registration with the South African Veterinary Council as an Animal Health Technician (Certified copy must be attached).
- Proof of payment for registration for the year 2023.
- A valid driver’s license (Copy must be attached), except for applicants with disabilities.
Knowledge, Competencies & Skills
Applicants should possess the following:
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Effective time management abilities.
- Thorough knowledge of the Animal Diseases Act, 1984 (Act 35 of 1984).
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Animal Identification Act, 2002 (Act 6 of 2002).
- Familiarity with the Employment Equity Plan of the Department.
Note Regarding Interview Costs
Due to austerity measures, the department will not cover any related costs (transport, accommodation, and meals) for candidates attending interviews.
How to Apply
The Limpopo Department of Agriculture and Rural Development is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer with clear employment equity targets. The following steps outline the application process:
- Interested candidates should complete the prescribed 2021 Z83 form, obtainable from all Government Departments.
- Ensure you use the most recent Z83 application form issued by the Minister for the Public Service and Administration in line with Regulation 10 of the Public Service Regulation, 2016, as amended. Failure to do so may result in disqualification.
- The Z83 form must be fully completed, duly signed, dated, and initialed by the applicant.
- Applications can be submitted via three methods:
- Postal submission to: Head of Department, Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, Private Bag X9487, POLOKWANE 0700.
- In-person submission to: Office 48, Temo Towers Floor 2, 67/69 Biccard Street, POLOKWANE 0699.
- Email submission to: Recruitment@agric.limpopo.gov.za
- Enquiries can be directed to Mr. Mabula NJ, Mothapo RL, or Mtswene P at Telephone No.: 015 294 3000.
The closing date for all applications is 31st July 2023, at 16H30.
The Limpopo Department of Agriculture and Rural Development encourages applications from Retired Veterinary Doctors and Animal Health employees, Women, and people with disabilities. Please ensure that all employees within your departments are aware of the contents of this circular.