The Qwabe twins, known for their exceptional vocal skills and harmonious music, have decided to part ways in their music careers. Virginia and Viggy Qwabe gained popularity after participating in the “Idols South Africa” singing competition in 2019. They were managed by DJ Tira and were known for their Maskandi music style, popular in South Africa’s KwaZulu-Natal province.
The reason for their split was a disagreement over the direction of their music. Virginia and Viggy couldn’t agree on whether to continue making Maskandi music or explore other genres. This disagreement escalated into a heated argument, leading to their separation.
Money sharing was also mentioned as a factor contributing to the split. It is not uncommon for artists to separate due to creative differences, as seen in the case of Pink Floyd and their lead singer, Roger Waters.
The Qwabe Twins, born in Insinga-Kwadukuza, KwaZulu-Natal in 1997, rose to fame after their appearance on “South African Idol.” Though they didn’t win the competition, their talent caught the attention of DJ Tira. Viggy is older than Virginia by a few seconds and is known by the nickname “Manana,” while Virginia is called “Thaa.”
43 JOB VACANCIES WITH THE DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS AND INFRASTRUCTURE
The Department of Public Works and Infrastructure is offering various job opportunities and invites suitably qualified applicants to apply. The closing date for applications is 14th July 2023.
- All applicants must complete the New Z83 application form, which can be obtained here.
- Ensure that all sections of the Z83 form are completed in full, accurately, legibly, honestly, signed, and dated.
- Along with the Z83 form, submit a comprehensive and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) only. There is no need to submit copies of qualifications and other relevant documents during the application process.
- Shortlisted candidates will be requested to submit certified copies of qualifications and other relevant documents on or before the day of the interview.
- The CV should include at least three (3) reference persons and their contact details.
- Providing accurate and complete information on the job application is crucial. Failure to do so may result in disqualification.
- Applicants with foreign qualifications must have them evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
- Candidates applying for Senior Management Service (SMS) positions should be prepared for a technical exercise(s) as part of the interview process.
- The requirements stated in the advertised posts are minimum inherent requirements. Shortlisting criteria will depend on the proficiency of the applications received.
- Shortlisted applicants will undergo personnel suitability checks (PSC) conducted by the Department, which includes security screening, vetting, qualification verification, criminal records, and financial records checks.
- Applicants must provide consent in terms of the Protection of Personal Information (POPI) Act for the Department to conduct the PSC.
HOW TO APPLY:
Download the Department of Public Works and Infrastructure Vacancy PDF document for further details. The document contains the list of available positions and instructions on how to apply. You can download the document here.
Download the Z83 Application Form here.
The closing date for applications is 14th July 2023.