Here are 5 things you didn’t know about AKA & Nadia Nakai
The sudden and tragic death of South African rapper AKA, real name Kiernan Forbes, has left his fans and loved ones in shock and grief. AKA was gunned down in a suspected organised hit outside a popular restaurant in Durban, just days after filming an interview with Insider SA alongside his fiancé, fellow rapper Nadia Nakai.
In the wake of AKA’s death, many have been wondering how Nadia is coping. Here are five things the couple revealed in the interview that was filmed just days before AKA’s untimely death.
- AKA and Nadia Nakai first met in 2013. The couple revealed that they first met in 2013 when Nadia was working for Icon and interviewed AKA, who was already a well-known rapper at the time. Little did they know that they would be deeply in love almost a decade later.
- AKA cooked for Nadia Nakai on their first date. On their first date, AKA invited Nadia to his home and prepared a romantic meal for her. AKA revealed that his love for cooking comes from his Cape Town background, where his family was exposed to seafood and would occasionally braai. He even set the mood by lighting candles and dimming the lights while they enjoyed bok choy with Indonesian sauce.
- AKA and Nadia enjoyed being home together. The couple shared that they loved spending time at home together and were both homebodies at heart. While they occasionally went out to discover new restaurants, they cherished their quiet moments spent at home.
- Nadia loved AKA because he was a natural leader. Nadia spoke lovingly of AKA and admired his leadership qualities. She gushed about how he taught her a lot and that his strength in his beliefs was something that she learned from him. She appreciated his unwavering conviction in doing things the right way.
- Nadia wanted to have AKA’s baby. In the interview, Nadia expressed her desire to have a baby with AKA, to which he playfully responded, “I’m sure you do.” It’s heartbreaking to think that this conversation may have been one of the last they ever had together.
The interview, which was originally scheduled for release on February 13th, was postponed until February 14th, just days after AKA’s death. In a touching moment, AKA’s father expressed gratitude for the outpouring of love from the public at a Forbes family press briefing on February 14th, which was also Nadia’s first public appearance since the tragedy.
The interview is bittersweet to watch now, knowing that it was one of the last times AKA spoke publicly before his death. It serves as a poignant reminder to cherish every moment we have with the people we love. As Nadia and AKA’s fans continue to mourn his loss, they can take comfort in the love and memories that the couple shared.
HERE IS A DETAILED BIOGRAPHY ABOUT NADIA NAKAI
Nadia Nakai, born May 18, 1990, is a South African rapper and songwriter. She is known for her unique style and magnetic personality, which have helped her become a leading figure in the South African music industry.
Nadia Nakai’s Early Life
Nadia Nakai was born in South Africa to a South African father and Zimbabwean mother. She grew up in Pretoria, where she attended high school. As a teenager, she was interested in music and dance, and she participated in various school performances.
Nadia Nakai’s Career
Nakai started her music career in 2013 when she was discovered by South African rapper, Cassper Nyovest. She was signed to his record label, Family Tree Records, and released her debut single, “Like Me,” in 2013. The song was a hit and quickly gained popularity, introducing Nakai to the South African music scene.
In 2014, she released her debut mixtape, “The Bragga EP,” which was well-received by fans and critics. The mixtape featured collaborations with various South African artists, including Gemini Major and Ice Prince.
Nakai’s breakthrough came in 2016, with the release of her hit single, “Naaa Meaan,” featuring rapper Cassper Nyovest. The song quickly became a fan favourite and helped cement Nakai’s place in the South African music industry.
In 2019, she released her debut album, “Nadia Naked,” which featured collaborations with notable artists such as Ycee and Stefflon Don. The album was a commercial success, and it earned her a nomination for Best Female Artist at the 2019 South African Music Awards.
Nakai has since released several hit singles, including “Imma Boss” and “40 Bars,” and she has collaborated with various artists across Africa and beyond.
Nadia Nakai’s Personal Life
Nakai has been in a public and adorable relationship with fellow rapper, AKA. The couple’s union was one of the most talked-about in the music industry. Following AKA’s death in 2022, Nakai expressed her grief on social media and made her first public appearance since the incident on February 14, 2022, at a Forbes family press brief.
Nakai is also known for her unique sense of style and has been featured in various fashion publications. She has collaborated with various brands such as Reebok and Redbat, and she has been a brand ambassador for cosmetics company, MAC.
Nakai has also been active in philanthropy, and she has been involved in various social initiatives, including campaigns to raise awareness about mental health and HIV/AIDS.
Nadia Nakai’s Legacy
Nadia Nakai has made a significant impact on the South African music industry, and her unique style and magnetic personality have helped her become a leading figure in the industry. She has been credited with inspiring young women in South Africa and beyond to pursue their dreams and break barriers.
Nakai has also been praised for her contributions to the local hip-hop scene and for bringing a fresh and unique sound to the industry.
In addition to her music career, Nakai has been a role model for young women and has inspired many with her message of empowerment and self-belief. She has been vocal about her struggles with self-confidence and has encouraged her fans to believe in themselves and pursue their dreams, no matter what obstacles they may face.
Nadia Nakai is a talented rapper and songwriter, whose unique style and magnetic personality have helped her become a leading figure in the South African music industry. She has made a significant impact on the industry and has inspired many with her message of empowerment and self-belief. Despite the challenges she has faced, Nakai has remained true to herself and has encouraged others to do the same.