Fans of SABC1’s soapie Skeem Saam can rejoice as the show’s most-hated character, Mr Kgomo (Lebogang Oliphant), will finally face his downfall in July. According to the TVSA Skeem Saam July teasers, Mr Kgomo will not return to Turfloop Hospital as a superintendent since he will be fired by the board.
The teasers indicate that his dismissal will take place on Tuesday, 4 July, and it will be a humiliating experience for Mr Kgomo. He will endure a walk of shame that leaves him speechless. Furthermore, the teasers on Wednesday, 5 July and 14 July suggest that Turfloop residents will be delighted by his fate and that his wife will file for divorce.
The repercussions of Mr Kgomo’s actions extend beyond his personal life. The teasers for Friday, 14 July reveal that his divorce will have a ripple effect on Pax. Additionally, it seems that the board may demand Mr Kgomo to repay the R80,000 he stole from the hospital. In the teaser for Friday, 21 July, he is warned to pay up or face the consequences. Dr Hlongwane confessed during his hearing that he deposited the stolen money meant for suppliers who had not been paid for three months.
In other developments, there are hints that Rathebe (played by Gontse Ntshegang) may contemplate suicide after Pitsi was accidentally shot by Rathebe’s gun in the episode aired on Tuesday, 27 June. The Friday, 7 July teaser suggests that Alfred (Putla Sehlapelo) will be suspected of another suicide in Turf, possibly Rathebe’s. While names are not mentioned in the teaser, it is possible that Rathebe, Alfred’s girlfriend, will be the second person from Turfloop to take her own life following Alfios, who used to work with Alfred.
The teasers also indicate that both Alfred and Rathebe will face intense interrogation regarding the shooting, with Rathebe seeking vengeance against Alfred. This turbulent storyline will keep viewers on the edge of their seats.
JOB VACANCY: PHARMACIST INTERN (X22 POSTS AVAILABLE) | APPLY NOW | Salary: R398 544 per annum
Job Title: Pharmacist Intern (X22 Posts) Job Number: POST 21/742 Duration: 01 January 2024 until 31 December 2024 Location: Various Institutions Salary: R398 544 per annum
- Minimum educational qualification: Basic qualification accredited with the South African Pharmacy Council (SAPC) that allows registration as a Pharmacist (Intern).
- Registration with a professional council: Registration with the South African Pharmacy Council (SAPC) as a Pharmacist (Intern).
- Competencies (knowledge/skills):
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
- Ability to work accurately under pressure and maintain a high standard of professionalism.
- Computer literacy.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of and ability to comply with applicable Pharmacy legislation, National and Provincial Health policies.
Adherence to policies, procedures, and expenditure control.
All duties will be performed under the direct supervision of a Pharmacist.
Assist with the training, education, and development of pharmacy staff and other health workers, and promotion of Public health.
Effective medicine supply management to ensure the safe and reliable procurement, storage, control, and distribution of quality pharmaceuticals.
Leadership by demonstrating initiative in addressing problems.
Provision of Pharmaceutical Care, including prescription evaluation, dispensing of medication, and provision of information to ensure patient compliance and therapeutic success.
Quality Management by demonstrating compliance with National Core Standards, Occupational Health & Safety control, and good Pharmacy practices.
- IT enquiries: Mrs C Veldman
- Tel No: (021) 815 8839
- E-mail address: Cindy.Veldman@westerncape.gov.za
- Technical enquiries:
- Applicants apply online: www.westerncape.gov.za/health-jobs (click “online applications”)
- Required Documents:
- Comprehensive CV with referral letters from 3 referees.
- Cover letter indicating 5 institutions of preference (applicant may be placed at other institutions depending on availability).
- Certified copies of Matric Certificate, Identity Document, University academic record for the 3 years of study, and South African Pharmacy Council (SAPC) student registration certificate.
- Accommodation during the internship will not be provided.
- All short-listed candidates will undergo a technical competency test.
- The interviews will take place via MS Teams.
CLOSING DATE: 07 July 2023