South Africans are captivated by the adorable three-year-old girl from rural KwaZulu-Natal (KZN) who was photographed carrying a loaf of Albany bread. The pictures of Lethukukhanya Mjaji have gone viral on social media, causing Albany, the bread company, to trend at the top. The images were taken by Lungisani Mjaji, a commercial photographer and student at Tshwane University of Technology.
As the images of Lethukukhanya gained attention, Albany reached out to the family and paid them a visit. The branch managers brought blankets, lunch boxes, and hampers for the other children in the area who often assist Lungisani with his photography. Additionally, Albany gifted a gas stove to Lungisani’s grandmother. The branch managers are waiting for further instructions from their superiors to determine the next steps.
Unfortunately, amidst the admiration for Lethukukhanya’s picture-perfect portrayal, a controversial artist named Rasta, known for his unflattering portraits, has taken it upon himself to ruin the girl’s image. Rasta deliberately drew an ugly picture of her through his paintings, causing public backlash. Many believe he intentionally tarnishes people’s appearances with his artwork.
SCHOLARSHIPS| UAB Scholarships for International Students in USA: Pursue Your Degree with Financial Support
International undergraduate students looking to study in the United States now have an exciting opportunity to apply for scholarships at the University of Alabama (UAB). The university is offering scholarships to support students’ educational journey and make their dreams a reality.
The UAB International Scholarship is valued at US $7,500 per year and is available to first-year, full-time undergraduate students. To be eligible, applicants must have graduated from secondary or high school within the past two years, maintaining a minimum grade point average of 3.0/4.0.
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Alabama at Birmingham – USA
- Scholarships to be taken at: University of Alabama at Birmingham – USA
- Scholarship Type: Tuition award
- Scholarship Worth: $7,500
- Number of Awards: Several
- Scholarship Level: Undergraduate
- Nationality: International students
To be considered for the UAB Scholarships for international students, candidates must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must be international students.
- Students must have been admitted into an undergraduate degree program at UAB.
- The award is available for undergraduate courses offered at the University.
- Candidates are selected based on academic merit.
- Students must be enrolling full-time in the Honors program in the semester for which the scholarship is awarded.
- Applicants must possess a high school certificate or an equivalent qualification.
- Candidates must demonstrate high motivation, responsibility, and the ability to work independently in a structured manner, along with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Applicants must hold an offer for a full-time program at the University of Alabama at Birmingham – USA.
- The application process is based on merit and evidence of leadership.
- English Language Requirement: Applicants are required to provide evidence of meeting UAB’s minimum English language proficiency requirements.
To apply for the UAB Scholarship, candidates have two options:
- Institutional Application: Apply directly through the UAB institutional application.
- Common Application: Apply through the Common Application platform.
Applicants should submit only one application using either of the above methods.
The following documents are required to complete the application:
- A completed application form
- A non-refundable $40 application fee, payable by credit or debit card, or an application fee waiver
- Official high school transcript
- Official ACT or SAT scores: Test scores included on an official high school transcript or submitted directly from ACT or College Board are considered official for admission purposes.
- UAB accepts both mailed and electronic transcripts. For mailed transcripts, please use the provided mailing address. Transcripts must be sent directly to UAB from the institution to be considered official. If using a secured transcript service (such as Parchment, eScrip, or National Student Clearinghouse), select “University of Alabama at Birmingham” from the vendor’s dropdown menu.
Applicants should take note of the following application deadlines:
- April 1st
- May 1st
- November 1st
If you are an international student seeking financial support to pursue your undergraduate studies in the United States, the UAB Scholarships for International Students at the University of Alabama at Birmingham offer a fantastic opportunity. Don’t miss the chance to apply and make your educational aspirations a reality.