Former Generations actor Musa Ngema, who portrayed Mazwi Moroka, has landed a new role in the popular SABC 1 drama, Skeem Saam, after being let go from Generations: The Legacy due to strained relationships with colleagues. The departure from Generations was handled respectfully, with his character’s storyline involving a death and a “funeral” to welcome back other cast members.
Initially, Skeem Saam denied Ngema’s involvement, but sources suggest that negotiations are ongoing, and if successful, he will join the show. Skeem Saam aims to surpass Generations in terms of popularity and ratings, as they have been trending consistently.
In addition to the potential addition of Ngema, there are rumors of other changes at Skeem Saam, including the replacement of the superintendent of Turf Hospital with Mr. Kgomo being fired and speculation that Mazwi from Generations may fill the position. Fans are eagerly awaiting confirmation from Skeem Saam about the cast changes and developments.
VACANT JOB| Driver vacant at Red Cross | Apply Below
- Location: Eastleigh covering Hampshire
- Contract: Permanent
- Hours: 35 per week
- Salary: £18,724 per annum
Make a Difference with Your Driving Skills
Are you looking for an opportunity to use your driving skills to make a positive impact on people’s lives? The Mobility Aids Service (MAS) based in Eastleigh has a position available for a Driver Technician.
Responsibilities of a Driver Technician – Mobility Aids Service
As a Driver Technician, your day-to-day tasks will involve:
- Delivering, assembling, demonstrating, and collecting equipment to and from service users’ homes and establishments.
- Ensuring the company’s service standards are met and exceeded where possible.
- Delivering and collecting equipment across a wide area, spanning from London to Southampton, in the greater Eastleigh region.
- Collaborating with the Logistics Manager, Service Assistants, and other Driver Technicians to ensure the smooth operation of the equipment distribution service.
- Providing support to other department members, striving to meet and exceed customer expectations, contractual arrangements, service levels, and company requirements while ensuring target profitability.
Requirements for Success
To succeed in this role, you’ll need:
- Confidence and experience as a safe driver, particularly in van driving, with knowledge of Eastleigh and surrounding areas.
- Multi-drop driving experience and comfort in dealing with the general public daily.
- Strong customer-facing skills and the ability to work effectively within a team to support the public.
- Experience in cleaning, servicing, and moving equipment, as well as knowledge of a warehouse environment.
- Good DIY skills and physical ability to lift and carry loads in line with Health and Safety Manual Handling criteria.
- A full driving license allowing you to operate a manual transmission vehicle. Please note that applicants must be aged 21 or over and have held their license for a minimum of two full years due to vehicle insurance policy requirements.
The closing date for applications is 11.59 pm on 31st July 2023, with interviews to follow. Please note that due to a high volume of applications, early closure of the application process is possible.
Rewards for Your Commitment
In return for your dedication and expertise, you’ll receive:
- 36 days of annual leave (including bank holidays) with the option to purchase an additional 5 days.
- Up to 6% contributory pension through the company’s pension scheme.
- Flexible working arrangements to accommodate your preferences.
- Learning and development opportunities, allowing you to grow your career.
- Access to discounts through the Blue Light Discount Card and the company’s employee benefits platform.
- Wellbeing support, including mental health and wellbeing resources.
- An opportunity to work as part of a team supporting the mission of helping people in crisis.
- Cycle2Work scheme and interest-free season ticket loans for travel between home and work.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At The British Red Cross, we value our diverse workforce and strive to maintain an inclusive environment for all staff and volunteers. We regularly report data on diversity and have internal networks, such as the Race and Equality Network (REEN), LGBT+ Network, Disability and Wellness Network (DAWN), Gender Network, Carers Network, and Youth Network, to support our commitment to diversity and inclusion.