In a tragic incident that has captured global attention, a man has been accused of fatally stabbing the mother of his six children during a heated argument. The horrifying event took place near their location, where the two engaged in a verbal altercation while parked close to a Honda Odyssey. According to reports, the man had a history of abusing his wife, making the situation even more distressing.
The news of this senseless act has sparked outrage and debate among the public. Some are calling for the immediate imprisonment of the man, branding him as demonic for committing such a heinous act. On the other hand, there are those who believe he should be given another chance to care for his children. Nevertheless, the gravity of the crime demands justice, and the man has been apprehended by authorities in Philadelphia, America.
Landing a High-Paying Job in Sweden: The First Step for International Job Seekers
If you’re an international job seeker looking for a high-paying job, Sweden might be the perfect destination. However, after obtaining an appointment letter from a Swedish company, the next complex step is applying for a Swedish work visa. In this article, we will explain Sweden’s work visa application process, fees, and eligibility criteria to make your work abroad opportunity easier.
Checking Information on Non-Swedish Citizens’ Rights:
Before delving into the topic of work visas, it’s crucial for all readers to check information on the rights of non-Swedish citizens to live, work, study, and do business legally in Sweden. Make sure to read this article to find out the next steps after securing a job in Sweden.
Sweden Work Visa Types in 2024:
Sweden offers a wide range of employment options in various fields with high-income pay scales and lifetime benefits. Thousands of international job seekers come to Sweden every year on work visas to improve their living standards and make a handsome amount of money in minimum time. However, it’s essential to first receive an employment offer letter from Sweden and then obtain a valid work visa to start working and living in the country.
General Eligibility Requirements for Sweden Work Permit:
To be eligible for a Swedish work visa, you must have an employment contract signed between you and your employer for a job in Sweden. You may need to provide an appointment letter, proof of the job position advertisement in EEA/EU/Sweden before hiring an international job seeker, and academic/experience documents to apply for a Swedish work visa in 2023.
Types of Swedish Work Visas in 2024:
There are different types of work visas issued by the Swedish Migration Authority to non-EU nationals. Check out the following Swedish visa types and apply for the one that suits your needs:
- Employer-Sponsored Swedish Work Visa: The most common type of job visa sponsored by employers for their overseas employees, allowing candidates to work in Sweden.
- Swedish Self-Employment Visa: Valid for three months, this visa is for candidates who want to work and reside in Sweden as freelancers, self-employed professionals, or entrepreneurs.
- Intra-Company Transfer Work ICT Permit for Sweden: Non-EU employees transferred from non-EU company branches to Swedish branches require this visa from their employers via the Swedish Migration Board/Embassy.
- Swedish Business Visa: With a validity of 90 days, this visa is for short business trips, conferences, seminars, etc., for non-EU citizens.
- Holiday Visa for Sweden: Sweden offers a holiday visa, known as the Working Holiday Visa, for young applicants aged 18 to 30 years from specific countries, allowing them to stay and work in Sweden temporarily.
- EU Blue Card: Highly skilled workers in relevant fields can apply for the EU Blue Card, granting permission to reside and work in Sweden.
Application Process for Swedish Work Visa:
The application process for obtaining a Sweden work visa is done online for all applicants in 2023. The employer sponsors the visa for recruited employees, starting the process with the following steps:
Employers’ Job Recruitment Process in Sweden:
- Advertise job positions and prepare employment offer contracts.
- Obtain union trade approval and report employees’ details to Swedish Tax agencies.
- Once clearance is given by Swedish Agencies, employees need to fill out application forms with essential documents and work visa fees. The whole application process takes 1 to 3 months.
Job Seekers’ Job Recruitment Process in Sweden:
To secure a job in Sweden and apply for a work visa, job seekers need to go through the following steps:
- Obtain an appointment letter from a Swedish employer.
- Wait for the employer to initiate the work permit application, receiving a confirmation email.
- Attach all required documents in the visa application system and pay the Swedish visa application fees.
- The Swedish migration agency will process the visa application and request biodata details for the issuance of the Swedish residence permit.
Sweden Work Visa Application Fees: SEK 1500
Interested applicants from all countries, including Swedish visa, EU Blue Card, and ICT applicants, are required to pay SEK 1500 as a visa application fee processing charge.
If you’re eager to find an international job placement with a high salary and better living standards in Europe, read our article on how to apply for jobs in Europe.