Multi-award-winning rapper Mthembeni Ndevu, widely known as Emtee, is facing a distressing situation as he recently disclosed receiving death threats. Taking to Twitter on July 19, the renowned artist revealed that he had been warned of a potential attack during his upcoming concert titled “Emtee and Friends” scheduled to be held at Zone 6 in Soweto on September 9.
The threats were apparently linked to Zaddy Swag, a gospel singer and artist, according to Emtee’s response on social media. The brewing conflict between Emtee and Zaddy Swag came to light when Emtee openly criticized him, using strong language in a series of tweets.
The recent incidents of gun violence targeting public figures in the country have raised alarm, emphasizing the need for increased security measures and support for those in the entertainment industry.
Apply Now for the 2024 Asia Foundation Development Fellows Program and Win $5000
The Asia Foundation Development Fellows program is a prestigious and comprehensive initiative aimed at nurturing the leadership potential of highly talented individuals under the age of 40 in Asia.
Investing in Future Leaders
With a focus on enhancing their leadership skills, knowledge of Asian development issues, professional networks, and exposure on the international stage, this program has a rich tradition of investing in the region’s most promising future leaders.
Components of the Program
Spring 2024: Leadership Training Program & Study Tour
Location: Cambodia, February 18 to March 1, 2024
This immersive program offers interactive leadership training modules with executive coaches, site visits with renowned development practitioners and thinkers, and sessions on self-care and wellness for leaders. Fellows will develop critical perspectives, problem-solving skills, and innovative approaches to leadership and management while exploring real-world approaches to development challenges.
Fall 2024: Leadership Dialogue and Exchange Program
Location: United States, October 13 to 26, 2024
Building on the spring session, this program provides opportunities for Fellows to strengthen their bonds and broaden their international perspectives and support networks. Fellows will participate in a range of programs, policy discussions, and leadership development opportunities organized in key US cities.
Professional Development Award
An award of up to US$5,000 will be given to each selected Fellow. This cash award enables Fellows to design personalized plans to further their leadership skills and professional experience in areas important to their career growth. Fellows can use the award for specialized training, language study, regional forums, workshops, or other enriching activities.
Executive Coaching & Mentoring
The program offers valuable executive coaching and mentoring tailored to each Fellow’s background and interests. Fellows will receive one-on-one coaching sessions throughout their fellowship year, leveraging the regional network and local capacity of The Asia Foundation.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
To be eligible for the Asia Foundation Development Fellows Program, individuals must:
- Have a track record of experience and accomplishment in fields aligned with The Asia Foundation’s expertise.
- Demonstrate thoughtful, committed, and inspirational leadership within their professional fields and communities.
- Be under 40 years of age by January 1, 2024, and proficient in English.
- Be citizens of Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pacific Islands, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Timor-Leste, or Vietnam.
Selection Process and Timeline
The program follows a rigorous and competitive selection process. The Asia Foundation evaluates each application thoroughly and conducts a final selection through a distinguished committee with expertise in Asian and Pacific development. The selection timeline includes a July 10 – August 28, 2023, application window, internal reviews from September to October 2023, and the final selection announcement in December 2023.
How to Apply
Applicants must follow these steps to apply for the program:
- Check Your Eligibility: Carefully review the eligibility and selection criteria provided above and read the application instructions.
- Prepare for the Application: Review the application instructions and guidelines, and complete all components, including personal information, written submission, CV, short video submission, and letters of recommendation.
- Start Your Application: The application window opens on July 10, 2023, and closes on August 28, 2023, Eastern Daylight Time (UTC-4).
For any inquiries regarding the Asia Foundation Development Fellows Program, please contact the program staff at email@example.com. This program represents a unique opportunity for aspiring leaders to shape the future of Asia positively. Don’t miss your chance to be part of this transformative journey.