In the realm of entertainment, the passing of beloved individuals often leaves a somber note, even if they were actors simply gracing our screens. The Uzalo community has been no stranger to such losses, with a few actors meeting untimely ends.
Sipho Ngema, renowned as Terror from Uzalo and recognized for his roles on Rhythm City and Isipho, tragically passed away in 2020 due to pulmonary hypertension, which ultimately led to heart failure. His contributions to the entertainment world will be remembered.
Similarly, the Uzalo team suffered another setback in August 2022 with the passing of Mandisa Mngeni, the Line Producer for the show. Mandisa played a vital role behind the scenes, making the magic of Uzalo possible for viewers.
In the realm of speculation, some Uzalo actors found themselves subjects of premature rumors of their demise. Thuthuka Mthembu, portraying Nonka, fell victim to fake news that reported her death in a tragic accident. Such rumors cast a shadow on the Uzalo community, but fortunately, they were dispelled by the show’s producers.
Similarly, Masoja Msiza, famously known as Nkunzi, faced similar false news, prompting him to release a video assuring everyone of his well-being.
Unlock Your Research Potential: Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme 2024/2025
Are you an international student with dreams of pursuing a PhD? The Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme is here to turn your dreams into reality. Established by the Research Grants Council (RGC) of Hong Kong, this fully-funded fellowship aims to attract the best and brightest minds worldwide to pursue their PhD studies in Hong Kong’s prestigious universities.
- Sponsor: Research Grants Council (RGC) of Hong Kong
- Location: Hong Kong’s universities
- Funding: See Program Benefits
- Number of Awards: 300 Fellowships available
- Study Level: PhD
- Nationality: International Students
To join this program in the upcoming academic session, you should meet the following criteria:
- Be an international student looking to study in Hong Kong (regardless of your country of origin).
- Possess prior work experience and demonstrate eligibility.
- Showcase outstanding academic performance, research potential, communication skills, interpersonal abilities, and leadership qualities.
While academic excellence is a top priority, Selection Panels will also consider:
- Research ability and potential
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Leadership abilities
Candidates must seek admission as new full-time PhD students in any of the following eligible participating universities:
- City University of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Baptist University
- Lingnan University
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- The Education University of Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- The University of Hong Kong
The Fellowship offers an annual stipend of HK$331,200 (approximately US$42,460) and a conference and research-related travel allowance of HK$13,800 (approximately US$1,760) per year for up to three years. If your PhD program takes longer than three years, additional support may be provided by the chosen universities.
Interested and eligible candidates must apply directly to any of the participating universities listed above. The universities will provide information on enrollment for the fellowship scheme.
Make sure to submit your application by December 1, 2023.
Don’t miss this incredible opportunity to enhance your research potential and take your academic journey to the next level. For more details, visit the official website.