Tragic incidents of mass killings and homicides in South Africa often involve broken families and bitter ex-partners. One disturbing trend is the murder of women by their ex-boyfriends, particularly in Cape Town. This morning, news broke of the heartbreaking passing of a young girl from the Eastern Cape. Quinisha Sebrand, just nine years old, was allegedly killed by her father’s girlfriend, Lesley.
Quinisha’s father was no longer with her mother and had entered into a new relationship with Lesley. However, Lesley became jealous of the bond between Quinisha and her father. Lesley took Quinisha for a haircut and then to swim at Maitlands Beach. Tragically, after swimming, Lesley strangled the young girl with a shoelace, ending her life.
Quinisha’s lifeless body was discovered at Maitlands Beach, and Lesley eventually turned herself in to the police, confessing to the murder. In court, she pleaded guilty, and the Gqebera High Court determined that her actions were driven by jealousy. Lesley was subsequently sentenced to 25 years in prison for her heinous crime.
New entry-level jobs at Limpopo Department of Health [x49 JOB VACANCIES]
Limpopo Department of Health Job Opportunities
The Limpopo Department of Health is currently recruiting and inviting applications for numerous entry-level job vacancies. The closing date for applications is 31 July 2023. Please find below the available job opportunities. Scroll through the list, and download the document at the bottom of the post for more detailed information and application links.
- Environmental Health Practitioner (x9 Posts)
- State Accountant
- Accounting Clerk
- Foreman: Surveillance (x12 Posts)
- Data Typists (x2 Posts)
- Entomology Assistants [Shifts] (x6 Posts)
- Tradesman Aid (x2 Posts)
- Spray Operators [Surveillance] (x12 Posts)
- Cleaner (x3 Posts)
- Applications should include a fully completed new Z83 form obtainable from any government institution or at www.dpsa.gov.za.
- Applications must be accompanied by a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV), highest qualification, and ID copy.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to come for an interview and submit certified copies of all relevant qualifications and a copy of ID at that time.
Important Information about the Z83 Form:
- The new Z83 form must be fully completed and signed by the applicant.
- All fields in Part A, Part C, and Part D of the Z83 form must be completed.
- In Part B, all fields should be completed in full except for specific exemptions mentioned in the job advertisement.
- South African applicants need not provide passport numbers.
- If the applicant does not conduct business with the State or is not a Director of a Public or Private company conducting business with the State, they can leave the related question blank.
- If the profession or occupation requires official registration, the applicant must provide the date and particulars of registration if applicable.
- Limited space is provided for Part E, F, and G of the form. Applicants may indicate “refer to Curriculum Vitae (CV) or see attached” as long as the CV has been attached and provides the required information.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the CV provides all the required information.
- The questions related to conditions that prevent re-appointment under Part F must be answered.
- People with disabilities are encouraged to apply, and correspondence will be entered into with shortlisted candidates only.
- Applicants should quote the circular number and position number as a reference on the Z83 application form.
- The Department reserves the right not to fill any advertised post.
Please refer to the document linked at the bottom of the post for further instructions and application links for each position.
For general enquiries about the advertised posts, contact:
- Ms Mampshika SM at 015 293 6114
- Ms Sebola MF at 015 293 6002
- Ms Sebake RL at 015 293 6426
Note: NO payment of any kind is required when applying for posts advertised in this circular.