Crime & Courts

Senzo Meyiwa’s daughter pens touching message to her daddy

In recognition of this momentous occasion, Ayabonga Meyiwa went to her official Instagram account and posted a picture of his late father during his playing days with the South African national team, where he had previously held the position of captain. In addition to that, the young man made the decision to write a heartfelt letter to his father, who had passed away.

Now, several of Ayabonga’s admirers and followers have gone to the comment area, where they have offered their congratulations and, more importantly, their condolences to her in light of the fact that her late father is celebrating his birthday in paradise.

Senzo Meyiwa’s daughter pens message to her daddy

It has been eight years since the burial of Senzo Meyiwa, who played goalkeeper for the Pirates and captained Bafana Bafana.

Ad Promotion!
Ad Promotion!

His kid with his wife, Mandisa Mkhize, bears a striking resemblance to her father, and she is one adorable little girl.

The mother and daughter duo gave off the impression that they were inseparable, and Mandisa’s Instagram is full of pictures of the two of them spending time together.

On the third anniversary of the loss of the soccer great, Mandisa resorted to social media and shared some heartwarming photographs of their daughter giving her father a card and blowing him kisses.

Kelly Khumalo, her mother Ntombi, and her sister Zandi were all present when the goalkeeper was murdered in October 2014 in what was described as a botched robbery in Vosloorus, east of Johannesburg. Also present were Meyiwa’s friends Mthokozisi Twala and Tumelo Madlala, as well as Zandi’s boyfriend Longwe Twala. The incident took place in the presence of Kelly Khumalo.

Nomalanga, Meyiwa’s sister, said the following with TimesLIVE: “At this point, the only thing we want is to get closure as a family and put an end to this chapter for Senzo.” Now, all we want to do is live our lives without restrictions.

Meyiwa’s sister is quoted as saying the following in the Netflix documentary about the murder, which has increased the attention of South Africans in the trial: “There is a lot of material that was exposed in the documentary we also didn’t know about.

“We are hoping that as the trial continues, we will find out what exactly happened because it [the documentary] has given us a lot to think about,” the lawyers said. “The documentary has given us a lot to think about.”

IN OTHER NEWS #LOADSHEDING:

According to the article, Eskom might have a new board as soon as the following week.

According to the Sunday Times, the crisis that has befallen the power utility Eskom will reportedly be discussed at a meeting of the cabinet that will take place the following week. The meeting will focus on the appointment of a new board at the company.

The paper cited several well-placed insiders in its report that the presidency and the public enterprises department had already met about appointing a new board. The meeting was reportedly about appointing new board members.

“Cabinet ministers said they must all go; the board and the executive must go,” according to a source in a high-ranking position inside the government. However, the meeting was suspended and has not yet been completed.

It has been pointed out that the existing board, which consists of eight members, does not have the necessary technical expertise to give oversight on the technical aspects of the utility’s turnaround plans.

On the other hand, loadshedding was maintained at the stage 3 level throughout the day on Sunday. The load-shedding program operated at stage 5 for the majority of the week, leaving some regions without power for periods of more than four hours at a time.

Eskom has indicated that load shedding should become less frequent during the following week; nonetheless, capacity problems are projected to continue during the following week.

According to the most recent reports, load shedding will most likely take place at stage 3 for the majority of this week. It was stated that another report will be provided on Sunday afternoon, or as soon as any noteworthy changes occurred, whichever came first.

At the time that the most recent report was compiled, the organization had well over 15,000 MW of capacity that was unavailable due to breakdowns.

André de Ruyter, the CEO of Eskom, was quoted in the Sunday Times as saying that he would welcome a stronger board. He stated that Eskom has requested some additional time in order to recruit new board members because the strain that has been placed on the existing directors has increased as a result of a number of resignations.

“I will look forward to learning about any future appointments.”

According to the Sunday publication, the chief executive is also feeling the heat, as there have been calls for him to be fired. On the other hand, de Ruyter stated that Eskom is making progress in cleaning up “the mess I inherited.”

He stated that workers are putting in up to 18 hours of labor per day in order to avoid load shedding.

According to what De Ruyter said in an interview with the Sunday Times, “We have some of the greatest and most experienced system engineers who are ensuring that our network remains robust in spite of the obstacles.”

“If I had earned it, I would have been at ease despite the amount of strain I am currently experiencing. This is a problem that I inherited from my father.”

According to Peter Attard Montalto, head of capital markets research for Intellidex, South Africa would require private investments totaling R500 billion rand by the beginning of 2025 in order to put an end to the power cuts that are slowing economic progress.

According to him, the amount of money necessary to create 15 gigawatts of generation capacity and five gigawatts of battery storage is required, and he said that it is quite doubtful that the demand will be met within such a short amount of time.

In response to the queries, Montalto stated that “putting a stop to load-shedding by the end of 2024 is conceivable, although ambitious.” According to what he said, it would need that all efforts to put an end to the crisis and implement energy reforms “would have to go like clockwork.”

In a presentation given to the Presidential Climate Change Coordinating Commission earlier this week, Montalto stated that the nation will need to invest an additional R175 billion rand over the next decade in order to extend its electricity grid.

Attard Montalto issued a warning that things are likely to get much worse for load shedding before they start getting better. He stated that South Africans should anticipate stage 6 to 8 load shedding between the months of October and November, as well as in February of the following year.

Related Articles

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker