Celine Dion’s sister Claudette shared an update on the singer’s health situation. Claudette revealed that their sister Linda has moved in with Celine to help care for her. Celine is battling Stiff Person Syndrome, a rare neurological disorder that causes involuntary stiffness and painful muscle spasms.
Despite her desire to continue working, Celine’s sister believes she needs rest the most. The singer had to cancel her remaining Courage World Tour dates to focus on her health. While there is currently no medicine that works for her condition, the family remains hopeful and supportive.
Claudette emphasized that Celine always pushes herself to be the best, but it’s essential to listen to her body’s signals. Although disappointed to cancel shows, Celine remains determined and looks forward to returning to the stage when she’s ready.
Rhodes Scholarships 2024 at Oxford University to Study for free in UK
Introduction to Rhodes Scholarships
Are you aspiring to study abroad for free? Here’s a wonderful opportunity to apply for the fully-funded Rhodes Scholarships 2024 at Oxford University. The Rhodes Scholarships are prestigious British scholarship programs offered by the University of Oxford, specifically for international students pursuing master’s or Ph.D. programs at the university.
Each year, approximately 100 scholarships are awarded to outstanding international students, with a fixed quota allocated to top applicants from different countries.
Financial Benefits of 2024 Rhodes Scholarships
The Rhodes Scholarships are awarded for a duration of two to three years, covering the tuition fees for the selected recipients. In addition to this, successful applicants will receive a generous monthly stipend of 1,325 GBP (15,900 GBP per year) to cover accommodation and living expenses. However, the stipend does not cover expenses for dependents.
- Ph.D. candidates: Three years of financial support
- Masters candidates: Two years of financial support
Additional Benefits of the Oxford University Scholarship
Apart from the financial assistance, the Rhodes Scholarships also offer the following benefits:
- Coverage of application fee, with a potential full tuition fees waiver
- Study visa fee (tier 4) coverage
- Reimbursement for the International Health Surcharge (IHS) cost
- Two-way economy class tickets at the beginning and end of studies
- Resettlement allowance of 225 GBP
- Research grants for attending seminars, conferences, or conducting fieldwork (available through separate application when needed)
Eligibility Criteria for Rhodes Scholarships 2024
To be eligible for the Rhodes Scholarships, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a citizen of a country that is a constituent country of Rhodes Trust (e.g., Pakistan, India, Canada, Germany, Australia, United Arab Emirates, Zimbabwe, USA, Kenya, etc.)
- Have completed at least four years of education in your home country within the last ten years
- Be between 19 and 25 years of age at the time of applying
- Have secured admission to a program or course covered by the scholarship at the University of Oxford
- Hold an undergraduate degree with a first-class distinction
Application Process for Rhodes Scholarships 2024
All interested candidates are required to apply online for the Rhodes Scholarships. The application process involves the following steps:
- Create an online profile on the official webpage of Rhodes Trust.
- Fill out the Rhodes scholarship application form.
- Upload all the necessary documents, including academic records, personal statements, etc. (full list provided below).
- Submit the application before the deadline.
Documents Required for Rhodes Scholarship Application
Applicants must provide the following documents as part of their scholarship application:
- A 1000-word personal statement explaining why the applicant deserves the scholarship.
- Academic transcripts from previous degrees, translated into English if not already in English.
- Scanned copy of a valid passport.
- Up-to-date resume (maximum two pages).
- Recent photograph of the applicant in jpg format.
- IELTS or TOEFL test scores.
- Study plan or research proposal.
- Letters of recommendation from teachers.
Rhodes Scholarships Selection Process
Candidates are primarily evaluated based on their personal statements and academic records, with a preference for a CGPA of over 3.7 out of 4 in undergraduate studies. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for two interviews with the scholarship committee:
- Preliminary Interview
- Personal Interview
Successful candidates from these interviews will be invited to a social engagement session and a final interview. The Rhodes scholarship committee will then make its decision, and applicants will be notified via email or interviewed through a phone or video call.
2024 Rhodes Scholarship Application Deadline
Applications for the Rhodes Scholarships 2024 are now open and will be accepted from June 15, 2023. Prepare the required documents and familiarize yourself with the application process. The deadline for submitting applications for the Rhodes Scholarships is August 6, 2023. Don’t miss this golden opportunity to pursue your dreams at Oxford University without financial constraints!